Dilbert's fakes contest...official rules and overview

Active contest threads

Dilbert's fakes contest...official rules and overview

Unread postby dilbert » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:32 am

Please read the official rules of my contest below. Any questions can be posted here in this topic.

PRO TIP: THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO GET YOUR FAKES DONE AS MANY FAKERS WILL BE COMPETING AND DOING FAKES, SO SUBMIT YOUR SOURCE PICTURES IN THE CONTESTS.

Remember to follow all rules to avoid either ineligible fakes or source pictures or contest warnings that could lead to contest bans.

Also posted here are the contest timelines and approved themes pool.

Last edited by dilbert on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:26 am, edited 13 times in total.
dilbert

Re: Dilbert's fakes contest...preliminary rules and overview

Unread postby TheBatman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:30 am

I like it!

The night beckons. If a headshot is high quality and she's attractive, I will more than likely fake it. This goes for privates too.
TheBatman

Unread postby brapattack » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Sweet. Is it possible to limit additions to the source pool to come from only those who intend to fake? Otherwise the thread might get over run with source pics. its another way to request your fake after all...

Please DON'T PM me for fakes.

brapattack

Do you fake?: Yes
Program Used To Fake: photoshop

Unread postby dilbert » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:50 pm

are you suggesting, only those fakers that indent to fake in the contest are the only ones who can contribute source pictures? If so, that greatly reduces the contest participation to fakers only. The contest is meant to increase participation for all board members (fakers and requesters). Also the more variety of source pictures the better choices for the fakers. Remember, not every source picture will get faked. Also several fakers can fake the same source picture.

brapattack wrote:Sweet. Is it possible to limit additions to the source pool to come from only those who intend to fake? Otherwise the thread might get over run with source pics. its another way to request your fake after all...

dilbert

Unread postby brapattack » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:58 pm

I think if it's limited to fakers only it might get more people who are just requesting to try their hands at faking.
I see what u mean but if its open to everyone they won't it just wind up being a massive request thread more than a competition?

brapattack

Unread postby dilbert » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:03 pm

maybe the first week, but by limiting to 4 source pictures per requester and the fact that they cant submit same pictures two contests in a row, should balance things out as time goes on. Good conversation though...thanks!

brapattack wrote:I think if it's limited to fakers only it might get more people who are just requesting to try their hands at faking.
I see what u mean but if its open to everyone they won't it just wind up being a massive request thread more than a competition?

dilbert

Unread postby brapattack » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:09 pm

ur welcome. unless that was sarcasm. if it was then fuck you :D

hope the contest goes well. im definitely gonna be entering as a faker.

dilbert wrote:maybe the first week, but by limiting to 4 source pictures per requester and the fact that they cant submit same pictures two contests in a row, should balance things out as time goes on. Good conversation though...thanks!

brapattack wrote:I think if it's limited to fakers only it might get more people who are just requesting to try their hands at faking.

brapattack

Unread postby dilbert » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:12 pm

it was an honest thanks...believe me... you will know when i am being sarcastic LOL

dilbert

Unread postby bluefalcon » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:31 am

I have a few questions. It seems like the contests will be centered on individuals then, and not so much on themes? People will be submitting up to four pics of people they want faked? Or is it that there will be a theme, such as Halloween, and then people will submit images of whatever they want such as a person or a Jack O'lantern? And, let's say 50 images are approved in the pool for the contest. I don't have to use all the images, I can only use one if I like? What if I made a fake however I wanted, and then just copy/pasted a little skeleton from an approved source pic onto my Halloween fake (I wouldn't do this, I'm just playing Devil's advocate here)? I guess the question is about rule 3. How "little" of the approved source material needs to be in the completed fake for it to be accepted? Can i make a fake with none of the source pictures used? Most contests like these don't use source pics, they usually just throw out a theme and let people do it however they want (well, except for size, there's usually a limit as to how small a contribution can be), so I just want to make sure I understand some of the details.

bluefalcon

Unread postby dilbert » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:44 pm

@bluefalcon, I'll try to answer all your questions...in the form of a contest example:

Let's say I make the theme of the contest to be..."cheerleaders". Requesters can submit up to four source pictures each. They could be anything from head shots of their favorite girl or a Dallas cheerleader they fancy, or even a picture of a pom-pom...but most requesters will submit head shots of girls they know (fact). As soon as any source pictures are added, the fakers are free to choose any source pictures posted for this contest. Requesters will be submitting pictures all throughout the contest as well as fakers uploading their fakes for consideration for the vote. Fakers can use as much or as little of a source picture they want to create a fake that contains some element of the "cheerleaders" theme. They could take a head shot from the source pool and fake it on a cheerleader scene where the girl is lifting her skirt to show no panties, or a fake lesbo or sex scene in a locker room where the girls are cheerleaders. The fake just has to use enough of the source picture so every one can tell that the source picture was used in the fake. Each fake MUST contain a recognizable portion of an identifiable source picture. Fakes not using any of the source pictures, or not clearly following the contest theme will not be accepted into the voting round. This approval\rejection of submitted fakes will be at my discretion, since it is my contest. :-) (But honestly, I don't think I will need to reject very many as usually you can tell right away which source picture was used, as well as if it follows the theme. Also I am a big fan of self-policing, so hopefully I won't need to be nit-picking) The faker uploads the his fake and can move on and do another completely different fake using a different source picture. The faker can submit as many or as few fakes as they wish, but each fake will be voted on so submitting many fakes does not really give any faker a great advantage since the members will be voting on individual fakes and not the faker themselves. Once the submission portion of the contest is over, I will lock the topic so no other submissions can be posted. I will then take all the accepted fakes and post them in a new voting thread that will be a poll. (I need to verify if there are any limits to the amount of choices that can be in a poll). If there is a limit, then I will have to narrow down the submitted fakes and select fakes to be voted on. Once the poll is opened, all board members can vote just once on any one fake that they like the best. At the end of the voting period, the winning fake will be crowned, the faker gets karma points and gets to pick the theme for the next contest from a list of approved themes from the official themes pool. In case of ties, all fakers tied will get karma points but the theme will be chosen by the previous winning faker.

The goal of this contest is to get both requester and fakers more involved as a community on the board...rather than have just a faking contest for the fakers and leave the requesters out (or visa versa). It worked really well on COPP so please just give it a chance and I'm sure you will find it a bit fun...

Hope this answers most of your questions, if not re-ask questions and I'll try to answer again. Thanks

bluefalcon wrote:I have a few questions. It seems like the contests will be centered on individuals then, and not so much on themes? People will be submitting up to four pics of people they want faked? Or is it that there will be a theme, such as Halloween, and then people will submit images of whatever they want such as a person or a Jack O'lantern? And, let's say 50 images are approved in the pool for the contest. I don't have to use all the images, I can only use one if I like? What if I made a fake however I wanted, and then just copy/pasted a little skeleton from an approved source pic onto my Halloween fake (I wouldn't do this, I'm just playing Devil's advocate here)? I guess the question is about rule 3. How "little" of the approved source material needs to be in the completed fake for it to be accepted? Can i make a fake with none of the source pictures used? Most contests like these don't use source pics, they usually just throw out a theme and let people do it however they want (well, except for size, there's usually a limit as to how small a contribution can be), so I just want to make sure I understand some of the details.

dilbert

Unread postby FKM » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Sounds good to me, looking forward to starting. May have missed it in the rules but how long do the contests last for, faking/voting?

My fakes fkm-fakepicmaker-fakes-t1168.html still updating the list.

I enjoy doing fakes, but please remember that it takes time so please thank. I sometimes do private fakes depending on the girl and the nature of the request.
FKM

Unread postby dilbert » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Another good question. I left out the contest period on purpose as may change do to several factors...most importantly being participation. My ultimate goal is to have weekly contests, but it may take a few contest cycles to smooth out the bumps and tweak timings.

I would like to try starting the contests on Mondays evenings around 6 PM (all days and times in Pacific timezone). Source submissions and fakes can be posted until Friday evening 5:59 PM. I'll need about an hour to lock the contest thread and create a new voting thread (poll) with all the fakes eligible to vote on. Voting would then be open from 7 PM Friday evening to Sunday evening 5:59 PM. Voting closed and winner to be announced Sunday around 6 PM. The winner has until Monday evening 5:59 PM to pick the theme for the next contest that would start Monday evening at 6 PM again.

That's the basic contest cycle I envision. We will try this out and adjust if necessary based on feedback received.

The first contest will start tomorrow (Monday) 8/20 at 6 PM Pacific time...look for the topic!

I will pick the first theme randomly myself.

FKM wrote:Sounds good to me, looking forward to starting. May have missed it in the rules but how long do the contests last for, faking/voting?

dilbert

Re: Dilbert's fakes contest...rules and overview

Unread postby bluefalcon » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:21 pm

OK, thx Dilbert that pretty much answered my questions.

bluefalcon

Unread postby footluvr » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm excited by this! I think this is gonna be great. Now if my work schedule would cooperate, I might be able to participate in this. :lol:

Here's a small sample of my stuff.
footluvr-s-gallery-t6157.html
I'm always up for trading fakes if I have time and your girls are hot. lol!
footluvr

Program Used To Fake: CS4

Unread postby hines80 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:58 pm

I'm in. When does it start today? GMT Time?

hines80

Unread postby dilbert » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:46 pm

contest starts tonight at 6 PM Pacific timezone.

dilbert

Unread postby dilbert » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:37 am

...adding the contest's timeline and phases. We'll test and adjust as necessary based on feedback.

Attachments
FTB contest rules 2.JPG
dilbert

Re: Dilbert's fakes contest...official rules and overview

Unread postby Arana » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:07 pm

I have a question
If you uploaded your source pics to a contest but they wasn't faked, Can you still upload them for the next contest?

Arana

Unread postby dilbert » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:06 am

NO...even if they were not faked, you STILL must wait a week before re-posting same source pictures. Good question.

Arana wrote:I have a question
If you uploaded your source pics to a contest but they wasn't faked, Can you still upload them for the next contest?

dilbert

Unread postby Katon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:32 am

Arana's question made me think of something similar.

Can we post pictures of the same person but in a different pose/angle/location/etc, or we can't post that person again for another week?

Like let's say in one competition we post a picture of a girl in a bikini sitting in the sand, and the next one we post the same girl but in a dress or in the same bikini but this time in the water. Is that allowed?

Katon

Unread postby jfake » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:53 am

i think you should consider separating pics and gifs cause they cant be compared , to prevent only gifs from always winning

jfake

Unread postby dilbert » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:44 pm

GIF did not win the first contest...and hasn't won yet. Let's see how it goes and if GIFs appear to win most of the time, will consider. Thanks

jfake wrote:i think you should consider separating pics and gifs cause they cant be compared , to prevent only gifs from always winning

dilbert

Unread postby dilbert » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:48 pm

This would currently be allowed according to the rules...however all rules are subject to change based on feedback, abuse, etc. The main purpose of this rule is to avoid posting and fakers having to see the same "old" pictures week after week. I would say this would be ok for now but use caution and restraint as it could easily be abused, then I would have to prohibit it. thanks

Katon wrote:Arana's question made me think of something similar.

Can we post pictures of the same person but in a different pose/angle/location/etc, or we can't post that person again for another week?

Like let's say in one competition we post a picture of a girl in a bikini sitting in the sand, and the next one we post the same girl but in a dress or in the same bikini but this time in the water. Is that allowed?

dilbert

Unread postby Katon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Hmm, alrite. Thanks, for clearing that up for me.

dilbert wrote:This would currently be allowed according to the rules...however all rules are subject to change based on feedback, abuse, etc. The main purpose of this rule is to avoid posting and fakers having to see the same "old" pictures week after week. I would say this would be ok for now but use caution and restraint as it could easily be abused, then I would have to prohibit it. thanks

Katon wrote:Arana's question made me think of something similar.

Katon

Unread postby dilbert » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:06 am

retiring post as contests have started. Post any questions in current week's active contest. topic locked.

dilbert

Return to Active Faking Contests